Monday, August 1, 2011

Museo de Arte

Yesterday (these are quite delayed and out-of-date posts....disregard the corresponding post-dates with relation to reality, because they are false! haha) was our day off and I spent the morning sleeping in and catching up on field paperwork. I remembered mid-afternoon that I wanted to check out the modern art museum here so I went online and learned that they were open until 5, grabbed my stuff and walked down toward La Catrorce and behind to the Museo. The security guard was so hospitable and explained to me about the four exhibits currently there and how to navigate the museum. I was the only one there so I think he was happy to have someone to talk to haha, but it was a very interesting experience. It is small, of course, but really neat to see artwork from local Colombians and see their perspective on topics expressed in their work. I enjoyed it very much and was happy I remembered it was nearby. Of course, I took way too many pictures, but I wanted to remember the artwork and took some pictures of the descriptions and artist biographies as well so that I can take more time later to fully understand the spanish ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment